[MD-sorular] muhendis fikrasi

Kerem Altun kerem.altun at gmail.com
10 Nis 2007 Sal 01:40:19 EEST

Aslinda muhendis fikrasi mi matematikci fikrasi mi bilemedim. Yeri burasi
midir onu da bilmiyorum ama yazayim dedim. Turkceye de cevirmedim, mazur
gorun.

A mathematician and an engineer agreed to take part in a psychological test.
They sat on one side of a room and waited not knowing what to expect. A door
opened on the other side and a naked woman came in the room and stood on the
far side. They were then instructed that every time they heard a beep they
could move half the remaining distance to the woman. They heard a beep and
the engineer jumped up and moved halfway across the room while the
mathematician continued to sit, looking disgusted and bored. When the
mathematician didn't move after the second beep he was asked why. "Because I
know I will never reach the woman." The engineer was asked why he chose to
move and replied, "Because I know that very soon I will be close enough for
all practical purposes!"

Bu "for all practical purposes" sozu, aramizda muhendislik egitimini
ingilizce almis olanlar varsa onlara cok tanidik gelecektir.